The Barker

WHS Winter Pops Sparkles

Andrew Fiore, Staff Reporter

On Wednesday night, the Westerly Music program held its annual winter pops concert, and it was a big success. The chorus kicked off the event as they sang Down in the River to Pray as they walked down the aisle and then followed up with San’Bonani and Adoramus di Christi. Then they sang O Holy Night and Silent Night, which were followed by Once Upon a December from Anastasia, which they also sang at the State Capital the week before.

After a brief intermission, the band went up to the Christmas decorated stage and began with The Nightmare Before Christmas. After that they played Harry’s Wondrous World from Harry Potter. Melissa Dimas Perez followed with a solo of The Little Mermaid, and then Jasmine Gillis, Aasha Hauser, Zachary Palmer, and the Soloists finished with selections from Chicago.

The performance was followed by a reception in the cafeteria, and the band members seemed happy with their performance. “The flutes have come very far and I’m proud,” says Dimas. Jessica Tetlow, who sang for the chorus and played clarinet in the band said “I thought it was a great end to a lot of hard work from semester 1.” The music program is ready for another semester of hard work and great performances.

Andrew Fiore, Staff Reporter

I am a sophomore, and I am extremely excited to work on the staff of The Barker!  I have a love of sports, and I am good at writing, so this experience...