The student news site of Westerly High School

The Barker

Ways To Spend Valentine’s Day and Night

Valentine’s Day is a great time to take your special someone out on a romantic date and show them how much you care. Anything from a simple home cooked meal to a fancy night on the town will ensure a love-filled day and night to remember. There is no doubt these lovely Valentine’s day date ideas will put a smile on loved ones face!

This Valentine’s day, you don’t have to break the bank in order to have a good time. Create lasting memories by taking your date to watch the sunset or gaze up at the stars. Bring chocolates and a picnic dinner for a perfect night. Even a movie or a game night adds fun to this special day.

Invite your friends or another couple to bake Valentine’s Day themed treats and play classic games like Pictionary, Monopoly and Mario Kart. Money is not always necessary in order to have a good time with your friends!

If you are looking for a more elaborate evening, you can really impress your date with an upscale lunch or dinner at a fine restaurant. This is a popular way of celebrating this holiday, but it is a great opportunity to look nice and go out with your significant other. Indulging in decadent desserts makes for the perfect ending to a romantic night.

Another way to spend quality time with a special someone is to go outdoors in the crisp winter weather. Ice skating, walks in the snow and sledding are perfect alternatives compared to a formal date. After enjoying some of these winter excursions, take pleasure in a leisurely stop at a nearby café to enjoy a warm beverage and dessert together.

All of these ideas will bring the two of you together to enjoy each other’s company on this special love-themed holiday. You can show your love to your special someone very simply or more carefully detailed. Any budget is suitable for a fun date of your choice. Use your imagination to create the most personal adventure this Valentine’s Day!