Fall Fashion Brightens WHS

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fall Fashion Brightens WHS

Senior Rachel Phelps looking fashionable for fall

Elizabeth Letizio

Elizabeth Letizio

Elizabeth Letizio

Elizabeth Letizio, Staff Reporter

‘Tis the season for jeans, oversized sweaters, and chunky scarves. Trends spotted throughout Westerly High School this fall will include the use of darker tones, booties that coordinate with any outfit, and oversized sweaters such as kimonos that can dress any outfit up to this season’s standards.

In order to fashionably succeed this fall at our beloved high school we must dress appropriately due to weather changes but with a pinch of sass and style. As a result of our campus having two buildings, students at Westerly High School must approach the rain, snow and bitter cold with strategic fashionable attire this fall and winter.

Both males and females this autumn will incorporate darker tones into their outfits to replicate similar colors found in nature during this season. Examples of this trend for females include pairing a white sweater with a pair of jeans, some brown boots to match a scarf and a beanie to finish off the outfit.

This trend will be seen often throughout Westerly High school this fall as it was recently seen on Alex Page, a current sophomore, as she sports a chunky scarf and utilizes darker tones with a complimenting top and adorable booties to wrap up her entire ensemble. She appropriately dressed according to the weather, as she was prepared with a cargo jacket while rocking this outfit.

Also in style this fall will be the infamous sweater dress that can be worn for every occasion. Whether you need to dress up for a presentation or just want to be comfortable, any sweater dress is suitable.

You can pair almost anything with this item. This includes but is not limited to a bag, a scarf, or even a pair of rain boots for the occasional shower.

Senior Rachel Phelps was recently spotted with her stylish Kate spade at her hip, pairing it with a well-coordinated outfit of jeans, cute blouse and matching statement necklace to demonstrate her incredible sense of style.

Fall demands no more shorts and in with the jeans and all kinds of pants that are suitable for the weather. Seen in the hallways of WHS this winter and fall will be all variations of the classic jeans such as boyfriend that can be paired with any pair of booties, the skinny jeans and the destroyed that adds an edgy vibe to any outfit.

A favorite will also be the new trend of palazzo pants (also known as flowy pants) that may dress up an outfit but offer comfort. This new style comes in many different patterns and colors accommodating for all tastes.

Cooler temperatures mean more layers, calling for kimonos, cardigans, sweaters, sweaters, and more sweaters. Many can pair a button up shirt underneath a sweater, going for the classy look, while others can pair a short sleeve shirt with a heavy cardigan to go for a more casual attitude.

Sophomore Sebastian Bellone went for the classy look, pairing a plaid polo with matching jeans and the classic boat shoes that can dress up or dress down any outfit. He accurately matched his plaid, a common fall and winter scheme, with a solid pair of pants (a difficult job for some male teenagers these days).

Just because all these trends may be in style at the moment, doesn’t mean everyone dresses “inside the box”. Rachel Zoe once stated “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak”.

Since everyone is different, everyone has their own sense of style. Alternative trends for people who dress to a different style this fall include Brothel creepers, a style of shoe which has crepe soles often paired with suede uppers, leather.

Other trends include colorful hair like dip dye ends and highlights consisting of all colors of the rainbow. Sporting the new hairstyle is senior Tina Azzinaro, who perfectly pulls off her edgy reddish pink hair.

As we transition into fall, we have a sense of what will be worn around Westerly High School this autumn. Fall 2015 will bring some new style but also the common attire such as boots, leggings and the occasional sweater dress.

We all are very much looking forward to the individuality and style that can be displayed in various ways this upcoming season!