The student news site of Westerly High School

The Barker

Fall Fashion Changes in the Air

With the foliage alternating to vibrant colors, leaves scattering across the ground, and pumpkins of all shapes and sizes appearing; Autumn is just around the corner. Cool, crisp air calls for apple picking, visiting pumpkin patches, and decorating for the new season. Although these are just a few reasons for the admiration of fall.

This time commands new adjustments regarding the way everyone dresses and presents themselves. Oversized sweaters, a wide variety of jeans and shoes will be purchased and dug up out of closets for this cozy time of year. Keeping up with the latest fall fashion trends is a big part of why this season valued by many.

The rapid decrease in temperature is great for some serious wardrobe changes. There are numerous different fashion trends which are popular this season including floral prints, faux furs, and cardigans. These articles add layers and extend the usage of summer apparel.

The use of accessories also adds great style. Scarves and jackets can spice up any look while staying warm even if wearing tee shirts and tank tops. Having a unique style can give anyone the confidence which may help them succeed this school year. Students at Westerly High School are expressing themselves through their clothing decisions.

In the images below, students who attend WHS are using their apparel to display personality. Two of the outfits pictured include ripped jeans paired with high heeled booties. These are matched with a striped black and white tee shirt, and layered with fall toned cardigans to keep warm this season.

Although it’s getting colder outside, one bold fashion statement was to wear brown shorts and a white tee shirt pictured below. To complete the outfit, the student layered a green army jacket and brown heeled boots with her look.

Another outfit inspiration was a more dressy. A freshman who takes part in dress up days for sports teams decided to wear a blue printed skirt matched with a white tee shirt and paired with silver flats. To top it off, she layered a cardigan and added a necklace to the look, making a more coordinated and defined style.

Students are bringing forth their best outfits to start off the new season. People tend to associate having fashionable outfits with high prices. A good sense of style shouldn’t empty a wallet. Although many of the latest fashion trends involve high end designer brands, students are finding ways to buy trendy affordable pieces of clothing that match their taste in different ways. Some students have tried local consignment shops or have done some online trading or shopping to find less expensive apparel. Trading clothing with friends is also another way to expand your wardrobe and try different looks.

Fashion throughout our everyday lives is important to people around the world. Fashion and culture change and vary from place to place. It is a big part of how people express their individuality, personality, and a way of life. There are many possible ways to be creative with your fall outfits and WHS students are definitely trying to display their fashion choices this season with much success.